Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rainy day

Today was one of those days where it was just warm enough to pour rain in the valley while it dumped snow in the mountains. In other words, it wasn't a great day to be outside in Salt Lake.
We went to Toys R Us and ran/played/tried to climb shelves for a while. I bought Luke a Lego Duplo bus, which is similar to a beloved truck that Grammy and Grampa Millette gave him for Christmas, and he has been playing with it all day. I also picked up some beginner's PlayDoh... we haven't tried that yet but it should be interesting.

After Keith got a few runs in at Alta we took Luke to the J to run around in the gym, shoot some hoops, and swim in the pool. I forgot to bring my camera so I only have these poor quality shots. Though you can't see it in the pics, Luke LOVED the pool. He even got the hang of kicking his feet. We want Luke to start getting comfortable in the pool so I've been meaning to get him in all winter, but just haven't felt like getting in a bathing suit lately... go figure. Then we went out for pizza at our favorite place and Luke did a good job staying in the highchair. We didn't even need to bring Backyardigans on the iPad, as we've been doing at restaurants lately.
So, we made the most of a dreary February day.


No comments:

Post a Comment