This Fall Luke started swimming lessons. I was hesitant to start him because I suspected that he'd have a tough time getting in the water with a stranger. And in fact, he screamed his face off for the first six lessons. I have to admit, it was embarrassing AND I felt like a bad Mom. I was also afraid he'd either scare other kids out of the pool or get us kicked out.
Then suddenly, at lesson #7, he loved it. And now he can't wait to get in the water and talks about what he did all the way home... "I do the floats. I do kicks. I do the biggie scoops. I go under the water." In fact, he likes it so much now that he tells the instructor what he wants to do. He's a little bossy.
I just signed him up for two days per week during the winter session, and am hoping he'll be somewhat water-wise by the time we hit the JCC pool this summer. At the very least, he is getting more comfortable in the water and seems to enjoy swimming.
He comes from a family of lifeguards. A new olympian.
ReplyDelete