My kids have always loved dishwashers. They definitely know the sounds it makes: Luke can be upstairs with Keith while I'm doing the dinner dishes and he'll say "Mommy doing dishes downstairs." He has been into commentating lately (see sidebar below).
And Anna...I can just open the thing to drop a spoon in, and she'll come crawling at full speed to get her paws in there. For instance:
Sadly, I'm afraid this dishwasher obsession will never be beneficial for me. They're all interested now, but can't do anything except make a mess. And when they're old enough to actually help, they'll no longer be obsessed. The same will probably be true for lawn mowing, laundry doing, trash taking-out, snow shoveling, and every other household task. My parents are probably laughing now.SIDEBAR:
On the topic of Luke's recent commentating...
This is what's going on while I'm writing... Luke and Anna have gone to bed, but Anna is back downstairs because she's a little sick and was screaming for I'm not sure how long. Luke comes to the top of the stairs and says "Anna B. not in room. Anna B. downstairs with Mommy."
Keith: Anna is not feeling well.
Luke: Lukey not feeling well. Lukey burped. Peanut butter samwich. Mommy clean Lukey up.
[NOTE: he vomited yesterday after taking a bite of PB&J and thought it was a burp...the same way he is confused between farting and pooping]
Keith: Back to bed.
And we haven't seen him since. I think he was actually asleep during that last conversation.
All great posts. Thanks The Alphabet Kids B/b, G/g & M/d LOVE TO ALL - MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR - The best is still to come. Thanks
ReplyDelete