Monday, May 30, 2011

Thomas

Yesterday we went to see Thomas the Train at the Heber Valley Railroad. Luke definitely thought it was pretty cool. We took a ride on the train, ran through a hay maze, and Luke even tried some cotton candy (he loved it). Much to the delight of Keith and I, we also got to meet Sir Topham Hatt. That part was actually pretty funny... scroll down a bit...



Brigitte and I saw this guy walking around and I figured it must be Sir Topham. But knowing what the character looks like, I was thinking that the event planners didn't do the best job outfitting and casting him. "Huh, the real Topham Hatt is heavier," I said to Brigitte...

Then this dude came out, which, obviously was the REAL Sir Topham Hatt!! Luke didn't know what to make of him, but the adults had a good laugh about it. I think Brigitte is still laughing.
It was a cold day and the whole event was quite a racket, but as we were leaving, Luke was saying "Bye Thomas" over and over, waving to the train, and he was studying his Thomas book the whole ride home... so I think it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment