Thursday, May 12, 2011

Talky Toddler

Now that Luke is starting to talk like crazy, it's funny to hear how he verbalizes--or tries to--what's going on in his mind. He actually said his first full sentence this week: while looking out the window as Keith came home from work, Luke said "I see my Daddy." That is usually just "Daddy" with a finger pointing to the driveway, so hearing the whole phrase surprised me at first!
Two other things he said this week, which made us laugh, were:
1. Luke was in our bed yesterday morning when Keith's alarm went off. He sat up, pointed at the alarm clock and said "off... too loud"

2. Every night when we eat dinner, Luke stands on his chair and tries to steal food from our plates. And every night, Keith says "please sit or kneel on the chair; don't stand on it." So this morning after Keith left for work, Luke stood up on a chair, looked at me and exclaimed, "I said kneel!" while wagging his finger at me. Hysterical.

I'm sure it will get more and more entertaining as he continues to improve his verbal communication skills. I can't wait :-)

1 comment:

  1. Lookinf foward to see & hearing all these events in person. Love B&B

    ReplyDelete