Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Warm Welcome Home

After delivering Claire I recovered very quickly and she was doing well, so we were able to go home from the hospital 26 hours after she was born. Naturally, I had been wondering how Luke and Anna would react to their new baby sibling and I must say that the homecoming was even sweeter than I'd imagined. 
When we pulled into the driveway the kids ran out of the house all excited, demanding to see "Baby Claire". We captured a video of their first views of their new baby sister...I'm having trouble posting it right now but will try again later. For now, here are some pics of the warm welcome home...


Poor Claire doesn't know what she's in for!




Shortly after we arrived home, Luke announced that he had to go poop on the potty, AND WENT! (Yes, over 4 months after getting him out of diapers he still poops in his underwear almost daily, so having him realize that he had to go and actually go to the potty on his own, was a BIG DEAL). Hopefully the arrival of his second little sister made him realize that he's a big boy! But even if not, I really appreciated the gesture!

2 comments:

  1. Great shots of Claire + The other princess & prince. The Western Duffy's will have to expand the castle to accomodate the new princess. Love to all, B&B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a longer post but forgot my P/W and it disappeared in the finding process. The longer version was better as i used every ones names(both sets of grandies) How do you shop for a Castle? Thats a good Q, it seems you havt to check the rocks & mortar & the moat for any leaks? Good Luck TECD

    ReplyDelete