Luke has definitely figured out that the alphabet is here to stay.
The other day he was wearing a shirt with words on it and he said, "Look, it's the ABCs!"
And we've been reading "Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom" for a while, (it includes big, bold ABCs), plus I've been singing the alphabet to him forever--when he was born, I read that you should sing to your baby a lot. The ABCs was usually the only song, with appropriate and memorized lyrics, that I could come up with. And they do some alphabet/ sounding out letters in pre-school. But I've never heard him say/sing the ABCs from start to finish.
I often feel guilty that I /we don't read to Luke enough, partially because it's tough to keep him sitting still. But we have tried to read stories, point out letters, sing the ABCs, and spell his name out loud. But typically, if he senses that you want him to do something, he won't do it (I've written about this before), so whenever he's in the mood to do something, we're thrilled to see him go with it. So that's why tonight's impromptu performance was quite a treat...
B&B agree w/G&G WOW! WOW!WOW! Great work guys Isaid when he starts it will flow & flow. Keep doing what your doing, it's working. Love to all B&B
ReplyDelete