I really need to start chronicling this stuff more frequently, because it is funny now and will be SO funny later.
But since I'm online now and thinking of it, here are a few recent goodies:
A few days ago I said to Luke "there's a huge mess of toys in the living room AND in your room, so you need to clean up one or the other. Which do you want?"
Luke: "the other." I'm pretty sure he thought that meant neither.
Earlier that day Luke did something naughty (I honestly can't remember what it was) so I said "I'm not happy with you." A few hours later he asked for juice (he'd already had so much that day) and I said no. His response: "Mommy, I'm not happy with you."
This morning Luke was in our room when Keith was getting in the shower. Hearing the shower turn on, he said "Mine Daddy is in the shower. He is washing his hair."
Me: "What else is he washing?"
Luke: "He is washing his hands. Then he brush his tooties [that means teeth]. Then all done."
Today we went to our favorite coffee shop and Luke said "This is not Starbucks. This is a REAL coffee shop." I truly don't know where he got that... we are equal opportunity consumers at Starbucks and local coffee shops!
Tonight I was taking a bite of our dinner leftovers as I put them away. Luke, who had already eaten two dinners, was looking for another bite but couldn't reach up to the counter. Ever the negotiator, he said "Mommy, I like a bite of that." I didn't respond because it was just before his bedtime and he often stalls by asking for more food, etc. So he says, "Mommy, you bring that to the table and you can check your email too." My laptop was on the table, because I was, in fact, checking email after dinner. Clever kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment