Today Luke had a Toddler Thanksgiving Feast at school, where each kid could choose what to bring to the table. The "feast" consisted of carrot sticks, black olives, goldfish, mac & cheese, deli turkey, Pirate Booty, Oreos, and grapes. In other words, exactly what the Pilgrims had at the first Thanksgiving. The kids wore handmade Indian and Pilgrim hats, and Teacher Terry went around the table asking what kids were thankful for. I wasn't there for the feast, but I hear that Luke said he was thankful for Mommy :) He definitely would not have said that if I had been in the room!
Over the past week the kids have been working on this festive piece of art (made from painted hand and footprints, as you can see). It's sure to be a holiday decor staple around here... forever.
This is what Luke does when you ask/tell him to smile:The turkey has a prime spot on our Thanksgiving mantle:
Stephanie, my son is 32 and I STILL have his "turkey" out for the holiday! Enjoy and blessings....Karen
ReplyDelete