We've been trying to get a good family photo to serve as our Christmas card shot and let's just say that we haven't had any luck (and this involves a mini-session with a professional photographer). So, we brought our point-and-shoot, along with a tripod to our local park on Saturday and gave it yet another try. Since you won't be seeing any of the results on our Christmas card, I'll share the "best" one:
Yep, that was the prize in the batch of 40 shots. I'll note that I have very high standards for this sort of thing. I'd love to look back years and years from now (and for the kids to be able to) and have one really nice, professional looking family shot from each year. Keith thinks I'm a little crazy--he was making fun of me, asking if I planned to cancel Christmas if we couldn't get a good photo for the card. Hey, everyone has their thing(s) and I guess this is one of mine. I just appreciate good photography and love looking back at old photos, so I want to build a nice collection for Luke and Anna.So, anyway, blah-blah-blahing aside, since we realized that it just wasn't happening, we ran around the park and took some candids instead.
If I can convince Keith we'll try for a shot (one last time) next weekend. And if we can't get a card-worthy one...maybe I will indeed just have to cancel Christmas ;-)
Oh, and we already know that our Christmas gift to each other is going to be a really nice Nikon digital SLR camera. AND I'm going to learn how to actually take good photos. So hopefully you'll see higher quality photography on the blog in 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment