Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Set of Wheels

Luke seemed to have fun on his birthday yesterday. It was pretty low-key, since his party was on Sunday, but he was spoiled by his Grandparents, spent lots of time playing outside, ate pizza (and a bunch of other treats), and received many cool new toys. I was most excited about the new bike that Keith and I gave him. It's a pedal-less training bike that's supposed to teach kids two-wheeled balance so they can learn how to ride well.
Unfortunately, Luke didn't seem quite as excited as Keith and I were. He looked at it for a moment and I think he actually shook his head and said "No" at first. So Keith hopped on to show him how it's done...
He just watched for a bit...
Then he got on, but unfortunately the seat is just a little too high, though it's at the lowest level, so...
...He tipped over. He didn't get hurt. But he also didn't have any interest in trying again. We'll have to give it another go sometime soon. In the meantime, there's a shiny new bike in the garage with a bow on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment