Monday, June 27, 2011

Milk

Luke has now been off the bottle for a full month and guess how many times he has consumed more than one sip of milk in that time... ONCE. He won't touch milk unless it's in a bottle. Even chocolate milk didn't take. Nor did a smoothie. He's very stubborn. But for some reason, a few days ago I got him to drink an entire single serving of vanilla milk:
...unfortunately that was a one-time deal and we now have a bunch of flavored milk hanging around. He's also no longer into yogurt, cheese (unless it's hot and melted, like on pizza or in a quesadilla). So, in order to keep his bones growing strong I picked up a children's calcium vitamin supplement:
Of course, they are sugar-coated gummy vitamins, so every morning after I give Luke the appropriate dosage (2 gummies) he asks for "more cannies" ...he thinks they're candies. Luckily he hasn't figured out how to get the childproof cap off of the bottle yet...YET. But at least he's now guaranteed 50% of the daily requirement for calcium. Because I'm pretty sure he won't be rejecting the "cannies" anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. The pix and milk posting is part of the whole portfolio in 20 years they will be adorable. Love B&B

    ReplyDelete