Since this blog is really just a modern day baby book/ journal...
I can't believe you're 2 years old already. In just two years, you've become such a super little boy: sweet & snuggly (when you're in the mood), independent, agile, very active, physically strong, strong willed (you haven't had a sip of milk since we took the bottle away two weeks ago!), focused (on certain things, like watching Backies or stuffing small objects into your toy cars), an adoring big brother, a crazy climber, a budding Spanish speaker, with gorgeous dark and long eyelashes, curly blonde hair, and a million facial expressions, very into Thomas the Train, a great admirer of your Grandfathers, an adventurous eater (had sardines yesterday and loved them), a solid 27 lbs., mechanical (you can disassemble almost anything), and observant.
Your favorite books are "Duck on a Bike", "Busy, Busy Town", "Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom", and "Lost and Found" (aka "Biggie Found" because you have a small version of it). You absolutely love to watch the Backyardigans and Thomas the Train. You're all about trucks, especially if the doors open, so you can put weird stuff inside. You love to eat pizza...and almost everything else we've ever offered. You used to consume so much milk ("mookie") that we considered buying a cow... until we took your bottle away, and now we're trying to get you back on the milk habit. Your vocabulary is blossoming and you're starting to string several words together (early fave phrases are "I did it", "I like it", and "a little hot"--which you say about every piece of food, while waving your hand in front of it). There's nothing you won't try to climb--the more dangerous, the better. You have a surprisingly good memory. You're on your way to being self-sufficient--you can put a DVD in the player or get a show going on the iPad, and help yourself to a snack from the cabinet or the fridge. You laugh at childproofing devices--just this week you figured out how to remove the doorknob guards (by the way, your Dad and I really struggled to get one off). You make a lot of messes, but at least you know it, because you always point at the disaster and say "mess" over and over. Your closest friend is Max, but I think (hope) Anna B. will be a bestie too.
...Of course, you're 2, so you're also pretty stubborn, and you drive us a little nuts on occasion. But I think that's just the age talking. When you wake up in the morning and say "hi Mama" in your little voice, then point to your sister and say "Anna seeping" I forget about all of that.
And you have changed so much in the past year. For instance, on this day last year you looked like this:
Most of all, you're healthy and happy. You make your Dad and me laugh everyday. And you make our lives even better than they were before you showed up on the scene. "06/07/09" was a wonderful day for us, but I'm pretty sure that "06/07/every year" will all be sweet for me and your Dad. Happy 2nd Birthday, Monker. We love you like crazy.
Oh, and Happy 42nd anniversary, Mom and Dad. I'm sure you'll never forget spending your 40th having tapas and sangria in Lincoln Park awaiting your first grandchild :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment