We had a quiet but very nice Easter yesterday. We started the day by sleeping in a little, since Luke spent Easter Eve sleeping at my parent's apartment... yahoo! Then we had Luke's first Easter egg hunt. He needed a little assistance locating the eggs, though most of them were "hidden" in plain sight... I know, I know, he's not even two years old yet. And the little devil quickly figured out that he preferred the ones with chocolate inside vs. the ones with animal crackers or goldfish crackers. Here's how it went down -
1. Upon finding a chocolate one he exclaimed "woooo!" and immediately tried to remove the foil from the chocolate and/or just put the foil-clad egg in his mouth.
2. When he opened the egg to find goldfish crackers, he dumped them on the ground, then, after thinking about it for a minute, ate the goldfish off the ground.
3. And when there was an animal cracker inside, he just discarded the whole plastic egg and cracker -- tossing it on the ground.
So, needless to say, he had consumed more chocolate than the child has had in his life... before 11 am.
I guess that's why he was a bit crabby for the rest of the day. I think this photo sums it up:
All in all, it was a nice Easter--the first one in our new home with our two kids.
Great shot of grandies with the heirs. This is a great album of the future. Love Brigitte & Bill
ReplyDelete