Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Peek

Here's a little peek into an average evening at the Duffy home...
Luke poured an entire can of corn into a bowl and ate most of it before I noticed. Since he still wears diapers at night, I braced myself for a particularly disgusting result...

Anna thought Claire would like to have some baby doll friends with her in the swing. The little one on the right is actually a doll that my Auntie Carol made for me (with a matching handmade cradle) when I was little; she has held up pretty well for a baby in her 30s!
Then Anna proceeded to snuggle, hug, kiss and sing (loudly) to her baby sister until Claire started crying in protest and I had to pull Anna off her!
Not captured on camera this night - frequent intervals of Luke & Anna playing nicely together, then fighting like mad... three kids pooping in their diapers/ underwear--and big ones--my kids only do big messy ones... a gigantic mess of Legos, other toys, and dinner crumbs all over the floor, which Luke refused to pick up because "it's too much work Mom"... a constant search for Luke - now that the weather is nice he keeps disappearing on his bike or on foot...usually just to our front yard or our neighbor's, but it's still a little nerve-wracking... significant amount of potty talk; everything is poop this and poopy that with Luke lately and naturally Anna is copying everything her beloved big brother does!

Just another evening in our house.

1 comment:

  1. The scene painted here? Is it meant to frighten grandparents that will be arriving soon. IF SO your doing a good job. Since reading I am searching for that old dog leash to collar a Grandson and his wonderlust? And will i need a cattle-prod to keep Anna from smushing Claire? This could be a tougher visit then envisioned? Please advise? Will G&G be pushed to their limits, stay tuned to the continuing saga of future outcomes of how these darling grandchildren outwit & out smart the older grneration. Let's make this a serial and have it included in the comics with Duffy's 3. I can hear the organ music in the background? Just a thought!!!!!! Love B&B

    ReplyDelete