Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Definitely Staged

We had the following photos of the kids' rooms (featuring Little Cord Art on the walls) taken recently. If you've never been to our house, the rooms definitely do not usually look like this. Just picture Luke's room with a million toys strewn around, everything pulled down off the ceiling and walls, and dresser drawers pulled out like a staircase with clothes hanging out...and that comes closer to the state of his room on a regular basis. When I ask him (everyday) to pick up his toys, he responds "It's too much work Mom." Kid is a genius. 

And Anna's room sort of looks like this, except that she sleeps in a toddler bed rather than a crib, and--mostly because of Luke, as in his own room--there are typically toys, books, and clothes littering the floor.

We will use the photos on our website, Facebook, and Pinterest pages, and will submit them to some websites and publications that feature nurseries and kids' rooms, as another way to publicize the business. 

The photos were taken on the day Claire was born. In fact, they were being shot exactly at the time she was making her appearance. I had scheduled the photo shoot with a photographer friend for March 19th and it was no small feat getting the rooms cleaned up and staged the day before, especially since the kids were in my wake demolishing things as I fixed them just-so. (If you've ever been in these rooms in their everyday condition, you understand what I mean!) In fact, there was so much physical work involved--moving furniture, assembling the crib, hanging stuff, tidying, etc.--that this project just might have contributed to the fact that I went into labor, 6 days early, the next morning. I'm not certain, but it's certainly possible. 
Anyway, when I went into labor at 6 am on the morning of the 19th, I was stressing about the fact that the photographer was coming because I wanted to be present for the shoot. Our contractor was also coming that day to install some new kitchen cabinets. It was not a convenient day for me to have a baby :)
But everything went ahead and turned out just fine. And we have these photos to prove that the kids' rooms can actually look neat and orderly, though they never will again!










1 comment:

  1. Great clean-up - Staged or not - just say this IS the way I always keep their rooms & it seems that my great learning children have adopted to the idea that this is the way my room should always look. (I can almost hear the applause) I would imaging that these shots will be very beneficial to the CORDART business. Good Luck LOVE B&B

    ReplyDelete