Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New England

The kids and I just spent 10 fun friends-and-family-filled days in New England. Of course we were there for a rare 6-day streak of extremely hot and humid weather. I'm not accustomed to humidity anymore...Luke and Anna are definitely not. But as a result we spent more time in my parent's pool than I have spent since I was about 10 years old. As always, the trip back made me a little homesick and nostalgic. I'm a New Englander afterall.

I didn't capture everything (some days were literally too hot and sticky to move around much!), but here's a taste:

The flight out went really well... better than I expected:

I love clear evenings at the beach. On our first full day we had a dinner beach picnic. We used to do that when Chris & I were little and it was always great.
Lobster rolls...yum.
My wonderful parents took the kids overnight and I spent a day and night in Boston with my college girls Christina and Emily. Shopping, pedicures, lunch on the water (see below), dinner and drinks out, sleeping in. Wonderful.
This little lady charmed many.
Luke and Andie enjoyed Backyardigans with Grampa. Grampa watched quite a bit of Backyardigans and Fireman Sam during the week :-)
A little time with Uncle Chris.
Andie vs. Luke backyard races.

Luke and Andie had a great time running around the yard together. He taught her all sorts of shenanigans and she taught him the phrase "No Way," which he repeated the rest of the week, for instance, when I was trying to change his diaper or put him to bed.
We had a nice day with lots of relatives, including my Grammy and Grampa Millette.
Anna held her own bottle. It seems to have been a one-time thing, but she let on that she can do it. Oh, and the kids spent several days wearing just a diaper. Did I mention that it was hot and humid and that central air conditioning is not common on the coast of New Hampshire?
Luke loved the plant watering attachment for the hose.
We had a cookout with my friends from home and their kids. Everyone enjoyed the pool and ice cream cones...adults included.

A fun day at the beach with my girl Heather and her kids Matthew and Alice.


This would have been a lovely grandparents and Duffy grandchildren shot, had Luke not been having a major two-year-old tantrum. It's a nice shot of Anna B. and her Grammy & Grampa at any rate.
Somehow I didn't take photos during our visits with some other friends, or of the aunts, uncles and cousins that we saw. I'll have to be a more thorough photographer next year. All in all, it was a super trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment