After a long 16-month wait, our neighborhood grocery store is open! And it is AWESOME. I might go so far as to say Wicked Awesome.
They have a cafe with gelato and coffee, fresh baked bread, fancy desserts and cheeses, Boars Head deli meats, tons of prepared foods, top quality meat and seafood, lots of local Utah products, a nice selection of flowers, fresh sushi, and all the usual grocery stuff. And though it's a "boutique" store, since Harmons is a large company they can keep the prices low at our location.
But the best part is that it's in the neighborhood. And when I say in the neighborhood, I mean 8 houses/ 350 yards/ a 2-3 minute walk from our driveway. In other words, I no longer have to get two car seat-averse kids in and out of the car or struggle with Luke over sitting in the cart -- we can just walk to do the shopping. Or, when I run out of milk or forget a key recipe ingredient, we can just run around the corner (literally) to pick it up.
It's also cool that this is a Utah company and they have a great philosophy about quality and customer service.
I've already been twice today; Keith and I went when the doors opened (free lattes, yeah!) just to look around, and I just went back to pick up some dinner stuff. And let me tell you, it is happy town over there. The employees were very friendly and helpful, Harmons executives were milling around all smiley, and the shoppers were positively giddy. I've never seen people geeking out so much over a grocery store. Keith even saw one guy singing in the frozen food aisle. Plus, I saw three people I know. It's the new community meeting place.
So, with four of SLC's best restaurants, two coffee shops, an Italian market, a local bookshop, and this store all in walking distance, we're convinced that we live in Salt Lake's best neighborhood.
Did I mention that I'm excited?
No comments:
Post a Comment